Street-Based | Self-Defence | Martial Arts | Fitness Training
Here at Northern Ireland Tai-Jutsu we have one simple goal: to enable you to better protect yourself.
If you're reading this you're already interested. So what's stopping you from unlocking your potential?
- No martial arts experience? Everyone starts somewhere.
- Worried you're not fit enough? You will be - give it a month and you won't believe the difference.
- Don't have anyone to train with? We have clubs full of people who would be happy to!
- You don't have the right clothes? Whatever you'd wear to the gym (t-shirt & track bottoms) is just fine.
- Not sure you can afford lessons? Your first class is free, and we're probably the best value style you'll find.
- Any other doubts or questions? Come along to one of our classes and chat to an instructor.
So who are we? The name Tai-Jutsu literally translates to Body Technique.
From class one, we will help you improve how you move, capitalise on how your attacker moves, and maximise your ability to walk away from a dangerous encounter.
The results of decades of expanding and refining our take on the fundamentals of self-defence, studying core techniques from western boxing, muay thai kickboxing, traditional jiu-jitsu, many other styles, and stripping out anything that doesn't work under pressure, we have grown to be a uniquely effective style that works in the real world.
As you progress on your path towards black belt, you will learn tried and tested techniques, develop a better understanding of the psychology and anatomy of violent confrontations, and how best to deal with them.
We strive to provide the most welcoming, safest and knowledgeable training environment you'll find.
All our clubs have fully insured instructors with DBS checks, First Aid and Child Safeguarding certification.
Check out our Club information section to register your interest, or click the Sign me up! button above.
And remember, you don't have to be a great martial artist to start, but you have to start to be a great martial artist.
We'll see you on the mats!